Car Accident in Denver, CO

A serious car accident is nearly always a traumatic event. You probably are in pain. You also are likely stressed and overwhelmed as questions flood your mind including what should I do first? Who will fix my car? A personal injury attorney experienced in car accidents can help guide you through the proper steps and relieve a lot of the anxiety so you can focus on healing. Here are the steps you should take if you are injured in a car accident:

  • See a doctor immediately: If you determine that another party was at fault in the car accident, it is critical to document your injuries immediately. If you choose to file a personal injury lawsuit later, you want to have a paper trail established with a medical professional right away. Also, you want to have your medical condition documented by a doctor right after the accident because that gives legal weight to your injuries
  • Who fixes my car: In Colorado, you have a time limit of three years from the date of the auto accident to file a personal injury lawsuit (Colo. Rev. Stat. Secs. 13-80-101). A lawsuit for property damage only is subject to a two-year filing deadline. In some Colorado car accidents, you may need to communicate with insurance adjusters in limited fashion. Your car may have serious damages, and they need to be fixed. You may consider filing a claim with your insurance company to get the car issue addressed. If it turns out that the other insurance company should pay for it that can be worked out later on between the insurance companies, including reimbursement of your deductible. Prompt action is necessary to eliminate any storage fees and to quickly get your vehicle repaired.
  • Free Consultation: If you or anyone you know has been a victim in a motor vehicle collision, strongly consider Contacting Steve Mandelaris for a consultation or to address any questions - IT’S FREE